Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Finished! It was None of the Above


After trying out several options I finally decided on this version, using some pine needles, 'things' from the palm trees we used to have in the front yard before Hurricane Wilma, and the little square beads from my last firing. This one passed my husband's critique. He sees so much that I miss. His comment on my earlier versions was that the  fabric didn't seem related to the clay. This time he likes the fabric choices and thinks the pine needle lines mimic the textured lines in the clay. He felt it came together this time. I hope he's right! I have more clay pieces to glaze and oxide tomorrow. If I get the kiln going I should have some more pieces to work with by Saturday.

Hope you're having a great week!

6 comments:

I enjoy hearing from you! If you've made your email address available I'll send an email reply. Thanks for visiting!