Pages

Friday, October 30, 2015

Digital Clay!



This is the ad for the new ceramics course being offered in the spring session at FAU in Boca Raton by Marty Fielding. Wow, 3d modeling and printing! Although I prefer my handmade to be literally hand-made, it is exciting to see ceramics merge with the digital world. I'm confident that there will still be a devoted group of younger clay artists who keep the traditional art and craft of wheel throwing and hand-building alive. I'd hate to think that clay will go the way of check-out counters where when the power goes out no work can be done!
 

4 comments:

  1. I'm having a hard time picturing how this would be accomplished, but then I'm a "handcrafted" kinda person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it's an easy way to mass produce from an original but like you I prefer real handmade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it's an easy way to mass produce from an original but like you I prefer real handmade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd really wanna to visit this new spring ceramics course. Unfortunately I will have no possibility to be there. Though my friend from www.paperwriting.xyz is quite interested and hopes she will be able to be there.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you! If you've made your email address available I'll send an email reply. Thanks for visiting!