Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fitting in Some Creative Time


Wow, December is flying by! Perhaps it's time I learned that it does that every year and that yes, time does pass quicker every year. Will I remember that next fall? Probably not. But there is always a chance so I will try.


I have more than a bisque load of clay work to be fired. I'm hoping to get it bisqued, glazed and fired before Christmas.
Whenever I get a chance I go gallery hopping between blogs. I 'ou and aww' (?? how does one spell that expression??) before I continue with my day totally inspired. One such gallery day led me back to my sewing room where I decided I'd make a set of cards for some dear friends who have a LOT of my pottery and baskets already.

 I started several years ago stitching petals, seeds etc together with fabric to include in my clay work. But I also love the combo without clay. This one is a simple combo with petals and rosemary. The rosemary scent adds a nice surprize. Below lavender adds a nice aroma with a little glitter from the angelina fibers.
 

Here is one of my clay wall boxes with a 'natural fiber study' with some candy wrappers. The clay hand that was cut from the box makes a fun piece for a studio wall.... in this case my sewing studio.



Hope everyone is enjoying a creative and fun holiday season!

Oh if you are searching for a quick and easy gift here's an easy tasty one. No shipping cost or wait as it is a downloadable cookbook. This illustrated & colorful digital cookzine includes 26 yummy vegan and vegetarian/easily-made-vegan recipes. All proceeds from the sale of the ebook will benefit Farm Sanctuary , a rescue for abused and neglected farm animals victimized by factory farming. At only $3.50 it makes an excellent stocking stuffer or little hostess gift.

3 comments:

  1. Gina, you do such neat work, I've never seen anyone else doing something like this! The hands are wonderful. Lucky giftees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards Gina!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you! If you've made your email address available I'll send an email reply. Thanks for visiting!