Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

Fiber Cyber Places


You may have noticed the welcome comments as I started into blogging. If you love fiber art you'll love checking out the blogs and sites of Sue and Terri. They have lots of inspirational pieces, fun techniques, book reviews, finished work and their own books and e-courses! Check out their links as they have lots to offer!


I bought a new book a couple weeks ago and Melanie, the author is hosting a series of video prompt challenges using the techniques from her book. Her book "Inspired to Quilt" has me inspired!


And the magazine that got me back into fiber art is "Quilting Arts". I picked up a copy a few years ago while back at university working on my BFA. I had an assignment in Graphic Design and my instructor was encouraging me to use my clay work in my assignments. As I was reading through the Quilting Arts I had an ahaa moment and I went on to add some fiber studies to my clay slabs. Since then I've continued in my pursuit of incorporating fiber with my clay.


A few weeks ago I joined Quilting Arts online forum and quickly met some fellow fiber artists. And one of those artists lives very close to me so we met in person last week. I met Jackie and Belinda at FAU and we visited the quilted books display, part of the Jaffe Collection at the FAU library. It was a great day!

Here's wishing everyone a wonderful inspired week!

2 comments:

I enjoy hearing from you! If you've made your email address available I'll send an email reply. Thanks for visiting!