Besides testing the glaze program I also did some glaze tsting. I was looking for a satin or metallic black to use on this bell. Rather than start from scratch I looked for something that already looked close. I found one but it's only colorant was some copper carb. Although it had some zinc in the recipe I wondered if the carb was actually oxide or if it was missing something like cobalt or manganese. So I added 10% RIO to half the test mixture and put it on my bell.
Turns out the original recipe was not misprinted and did produce a black but I'm glad I added the RIO as it gave exactly what I was hoping for. The original recipe test below.
One other glaze test was a very old one from my FAU days. It was one of my made from scratch recipes for an assignment. I found the old sample and dug out my recipe. It is actually a little glossy which surprized me as the original test was fast cooled and it was super dry. I like it a lot, however it is definitely not a glaze for functional ware as it has very little alumina. I think it will work well with the purple on my totem.
Hope you're having a great day!