Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pottery and Ceramics!

You can see these beautiful porcelain pieces by Sylvia Rosen at the Nathen D. Rosen Museum Gallery in Boca Raton. Sylvia Rosen is the benefactor of the pottery studio, that has made this all possible!

This past year I have been honored to be one of the ceramics instructors teaching classes at the JCC in Boca Raton. When I heard I had the position last year I was very excited as I'd be teaching classes where everyone chose to be there! I've taught adult classes before but most of my teaching has been at the high school level which means there are always a few students who end up in your class who'd rather not be there. As a high school teacher that's one of the challenges I enjoyed but I can't say that I miss it. I soon learned that many members of the class have been working in clay as long or longer than I have! They are accomplished artists in clay and other mediums. So I was a little nervous as to what I could help them with but I've been reminded of what I learned when I started in clay, that clay is so extensive that we can never learn or try everything. So we all keep learning and developing new skills. So.... have a look at some of the work you'll find at the annual Potters Guild Show this year......













I'll share more photos in another post. If you are nearby please stop by the gallery and enjoy the show. It runs through April. 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the teaching position Gina! I know that you will have plenty to share with your willing students. The pottery that is on display in your photos is amazing and shows quite a variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure wish I was nearby. It looks like that is a great collection of varied pieces. Lots of fun and the vases in the second to last shot are very sassy!

    And I love that work in the first shot. The glaze color is so beautiful and you don't often see a tall box shape like that do you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like the house with the little people in the windows.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you! If you've made your email address available I'll send an email reply. Thanks for visiting!